Checking the database of email addresses for validity is a mandatory step before bulk mailing. It ensures the successful sending of letters and a high percentage of deliverability. Validation or email verification helps to find out if an email exists. That is a crucially important feature for email marketing to reduce costs and boost each campaign’s efficiency.
How to Avoid Collecting Invalid Email Addresses
To build a good list, you have to use proven means and methods of gathering contacts. Strive to ensure that only the target audience receives your offers. Here are some beneficial features of an email checker TrueMail for creating high-efficient marketing campaigns:
- 24/7 technical support;
- Export to CSV and PDF;
- Integrated with API;
- Reduces hard and soft bounce addresses;
- Cleans spam traps and service addresses;
- Finds additional information about clients;
- The report data is presented in graphical form;
- Simple interface;
- Monitoring: syntax, random characters, duplicates, client activity, and domain relevance.
- A fast check of large lists.
An online email checker is a key to highly productive email marketing.
Update and Check Email Database
Customers delete, change, transfer, and even sell their mailing addresses in a year. Therefore, it is important to check the base before bulk sending.
Run the email list through the validator and clean up unnecessary emails: non-existent accounts, contacts with complaints, users who unsubscribe from your emails.
Let’s summarize and use the following tips:
- Check the collected contact base. Clean up the list and delete invalid mailboxes once or twice a year.
- Use an email verification. Find the best works for you and your team.
- Don’t send emails from your primary domain.
- Don’t buy ready-made email contact lists. Build your customer base. Use the website, advertisements, questionnaires, call tracking, polls, and email finders.
A relevant and valid email database is the most crucial part of any marketing activity.
Address Syntax and Format Checking
The email verification tool checks email for:
- Errors before and after the @ symbol. The first part of the address is called local, the second – domain: gmail.com, mail.ru. For example, a user can skip a letter in a domain name: “.co” to “.com”.
- Duplicate addresses.
- Spam traps. These are the addresses that services use to check for unscrupulous senders. Because of such contact in your address book, you can get blocked by the mailing service. The validator checks the list of known spam traps and shows the matches.
- Service addresses. This is the mail that is assigned to a group or department in a company — for example, admin@, support@, hello@. A big number of complaints come from these addresses.
- Disposable emails are addresses for temporary use that do not require registration. Users use them in order not to receive a mailing from companies and not to give access to the main email. The email verifier finds such mail and offers to delete it from the contact database.
Validating emails allows any marketing specialist to reduce ineffective moves and reach maximum efficiency per every cent spent.