With over 50% of the world’s population owning mobile devices, it is critical for e-commerce and brick-and-mortar businesses to embrace mobile marketing. Mobile marketing involves targeting your organization’s marketing efforts to mobile phone users. It can enable you to reach your target clients wherever they are, provide excellent customer service, target customers via different channels, including social media, SMS, and MMS, and stand out from the competition. Read on for nine tips to enhance the success of your mobile marketing strategy.
1. Know your Target Audience
The first step to implementing a successful mobile marketing campaign is understanding your target customers and how they interact with mobile devices.
Are your target users tech-savvy with the latest smartphone models, or are they late bloomers still figuring their way around smartphones? Is your audience best fit for SMS-based campaigns, or can they download and use apps? Does your target user know how to leverage 2D or QR code technology?
By conducting in-depth research on your target audience, you can tailor your mobile marketing campaign to their interests, behaviors, and needs, increasing the chances of success. Seek our rich communication services to create a mobile marketing campaign that meets your needs and the needs of your target audience.
2. Set Simple, Clear, and Achievable Goals
Set specific goals that align with your business’s current phase. This enables you to create a solid plan for achieving them. It also prevents spending time and money on strategies that do not allow your entity to acquire its bottom line. The following are typical mobile marketing goals:
- Increase app downloads
- Attract more social media followers
- Promote a specific offer or product
- Gain more email subscribers
- Increase sales volume
- Build brand loyalty by offering discounts
3. Create a Mobile-Friendly Website
Did you know tablets and smartphones generate 8% of all digital traffic? There is increased popularity of mobile e-commerce, so before starting a mobile marketing campaign, you must ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
A mobile-friendly theme ensures the site, ads, and marketing content display well for your target audience. This provides an excellent customer experience for users browsing via mobile phones and other mobile devices. It also reduces bounce rates and increases conversions. Below are tips for creating a mobile-friendly website:
- Use a mobile-specific platform
- Use HTML5
- Minimize the use of animations
- Make images large and easy to scan
- Ensure hyperlinks are easy to click on
4. Create Content with Mobile in Mind
Creating high-quality, engaging content tailored to your target audience’s needs, pain points, interests, and behaviors is not enough. You should further ensure the content is mobile-friendly. Here are tips for creating mobile-friendly content:
- Write short, persuasive headlines
- Incorporate high-quality images, GIFs, and videos into your content to make it more exciting and visually engaging
- Use larger fonts to make your content easy to read
- Add subtitles to your video content to cater to the audience that prefers watching videos on mute
- Use bullet points and short sentences and break the paragraphs into headings and subheadings to allow easier skimming
- Add captions, media names, and alt text to all media content
- Optimize your content for search engines
5. Leverage Text Messaging Marketing
One of the most effective ways to get a positive return on investment in your mobile campaign is by using text messaging (SMS) marketing. According to a recent study, 41% of mobile users use their devices for texting instead of calling. The following are the benefits of text messaging marketing:
- Immediate delivery: Mobile text messaging is fast. Unless there are technical problems, your target audience receives messages once you press “send.”
- Improves interaction: SMS marketing makes it possible to receive immediate customer feedback. Customers only need to tap the “reply” button to send feedback.
- Trackable: You can determine who opens or ignores your message and what links they click.
- Allows personalization: Text messaging allows you to add a personal touch to your messages. You could share stories or links to individual case studies and experiments in your text messages.
6. Consider the Place and Time
Timing and relevance are critical for effective mobile marketing. You must meet your target audiences wherever they are, whenever they need you for success. Leverage information about your customer’s interests and daily habits to determine how and when to reach them. For instance, if you own a food delivery company, consider messaging your target customers at about 11 a.m. on business days, then providing lunch solutions.
7. Concentrate on local marketing
Most mobile phone searches look for local businesses and use terms like “near me.” For this reason, you should establish a solid regional marketing strategy to obtain location-related traffic. Here are ways to increase location-based traffic:
- Update your Google My Business page
- Include local keywords in your content strategy
- Display information like your email address, phone number, and location on your business pages to help your target audience find you
- List your business on local directories like Bing and Yelp to increase traffic.
- Get positive reviews from your existing clients
- Performa local SEO audit
8. Create a Strong CTA
Whether buying a mobile ad space or sending a text message, your CTA “call to action” is a crucial aspect of your mobile marketing campaign. It provides a chance to motivate potential customers to take the desired action.
Be sure to focus on your users, including the correct message, and create a sense of urgency when writing your call to action. Your CTA should also be clear about what you want users to do and communicate the benefits of taking the desired action. Some ideal CTAs include:
- Download Now
- Call Now
- Learn More
- Buy Now
9. Personalize your Mobile Marketing
Adding a personal touch to your marketing campaign is a surefire way to connect with your target audience and stand out from the competition. However, personalization does not entail solely highlighting your achievements or talking about yourself. It involves putting yourself in your target audience’s shoes and providing solutions to their queries.
Be sure to leverage audience segmentation to personalize mobile marketing. Segmentation involves dividing your target market into groups based on specific criteria, including age, demographics, interests, behavior, and needs. You then send messages and content tailored to particular groups or segments.
Mobile marketing will likely gain more popularity over the years, so you should incorporate the strategy into your marketing efforts. Be sure to implement the above techniques to ensure the success of your mobile marketing campaigns and help your organization achieve its bottom line.