Getting your eCommerce business off the ground can be difficult if you’re not sure how to go about it. It’s not easy to get the right exposure and convert visitors into customers, but digital marketing can help you with both of these things and help grow your eCommerce business so that you can stay ahead of the competition. In this article, we’ll show you what digital marketing can do for your business, how to set up an effective marketing strategy, and how to use social media and email marketing to effectively engage customers and grow your brand and profits.
PPC – Pay Per Click
Pay Per Click advertising is a great way to get your eCommerce business in front of relevant customers. By targeting customers who are actively searching for products or services like yours, you can increase traffic to your website and generate more leads and sales. Plus, PPC is a flexible and cost-effective way to grow your business. Here are some tips for getting started with PPC:
- Create an account on Google Adwords. When creating an account, keep in mind that the name you enter will be publicly visible to people viewing your ads so it’s important to enter a brand name rather than just eCommerce.
- Choose the correct category for your industry when creating an ad group (you may need more than one ad group). You may also want to create an additional campaign if you plan on running multiple simultaneous campaigns on different keywords or phrases.
- Choose appropriate keywords related to your industry and product/service offerings. Remember that these should be highly targeted keywords specific to your niche. For example, if you sell vegan shoes online, then vegan shoes would not be a good keyword because many other websites sell vegan shoes as well. On the other hand, vegan leather boots would work better because there are fewer competitors in this phrase.
- Set a budget per day or per month – remember that while higher bids usually lead to greater visibility, they also require more investment up front so set your budget accordingly
- Choose how often you want ads displayed – daily? weekly? Monthly?
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
SEO is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing for eCommerce businesses. It’s what helps you rank in search engines like Google, and drives organic traffic to your website.
To improve your SEO, start by doing keyword research to find out what potential customers are searching for. Then, create informative and keyword-rich content that addresses their needs. Additionally, build links to your website through guest blogging and social media outreach.
By following these steps, you can improve your SEO and start driving more traffic and sales to your eCommerce business.
As the owner of an eCommerce business, you know that email marketing is a powerful tool to reach your target market and promote your products or services. But what are the best ways to grow your eCommerce business with email marketing? Here are some helpful tips for turning your emails into high-performing digital ads:
- Segment your audience by interest category and send relevant offers through personalized campaigns
- Give customers a reason to open the email by including social media links to promotions or content updates in your signature line
- Use bold subject lines and colorful layouts to grab attention when promoting seasonal items
These 10 critical eCommerce metrics cover email marketing so that you can be better equipped for your next campaign.
As an eCommerce business, one of the best ways to grow your business is through affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts. When this occurs, it is called performance marketing, pay per performance (PPP), or cost per action (CPA). The affiliate typically shares in whatever revenue the business makes as a result of the referral.
If you want to grow your eCommerce business, you need to start utilizing social media. By creating profiles on sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, you can reach a wider audience and promote your brand. Make sure to post engaging content that will get people talking, and be sure to respond to any questions or comments that you receive. You can also use social media to run promotions and contests; just be sure to follow the rules of each site.
Don’t Forget Facebook Ads
You can’t grow an eCommerce business without utilizing Facebook Ads. Why? Because everyone is on Facebook, which means there is a very large potential customer base. Additionally, Facebook Ads are very effective when it comes to targeting a specific audience. For example, you can target people based on their location, age, gender, interests, and more.
Avoid Common Mistakes in Advertising
eCommerce businesses are often guilty of making common advertising mistakes. One such mistake is not targeting a specific audience. This can result in wasted ad spend and poor ROI. Another mistake is failing to track results. Without tracking, it’s impossible to know what’s working and what isn’t. Not having a clear call to action is another error. Your ads should always have a strong call to action that tells the viewer what you want them to do, such as click here to buy now. Failing to optimize for mobile devices is also a mistake, as more and more people are using their phones and tablets to shop online. Finally, not using retargeting is leaving money on the table.
Digital marketing is essential for any eCommerce business that wants to scale. By following the tips in this blog post, you can create a digital marketing strategy that will help you reach your target audience and grow your business. Stryde.com has some free resources to help, as well as offer services from digital marketing experts if you need more guidance.