Digital Media Definition
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Did you go blank? Do not worry. It is prevalent that when talking about digital media, we only remember the most popular channels among users.
If you want to start your digital strategy, here is the first tip: deconstruct the idea that there are only the means that you and your social group consume.
The Internet is a fertile land for any type of public. In it, there are means for the audience of your business, which can be different from that of your neighbor’s business.
Thus, we define digital media as online positioning and visibility tools, with which you can optimize your relationships with your current and potential clients.
What are the main mistakes made by companies in digital media management?
- Lack of planning and the excessive need to be in all digital media is often the main mistakes of companies.
- And it is that many times, the quantity seems to be more important than the quality. However, being on all possible channels does not mean that the visibility achieved will be useful to you.
- In reality, this type of action makes you invest your efforts in media that are not relevant to your audience and, consequently, do not bring you results.
- It is an error that reflects not only the lack of knowledge about the company’s public but also the lack of definition of objectives.
What are the stages of digital media management?
For digital media management to be successful, it must have 4 fundamental stages, which are:
Planning is an essential phase in digital media management. It involves:
Study of the buyer persona
- Understand who your audience is, what they consume, what their tastes and interests are, what media they use the most, and other variables.
Definition of objectives
- Regulate what you want to achieve with each action taken within each channel and what is the general purpose of your brand in digital media.
- Choosing the most relevant media for your audience and the most efficient communication based on the buyer persona profile and each stage of the funnel.
- The moment of “hands-on deck.”
- In execution, we take ideas from paper and put the strategy into action.
- Execution requires a commitment from the responsible professional or team since it will be necessary to monitor the performance of the actions daily.
- Like everything in digital marketing, media management also works with specific metrics that demonstrate the results of the strategy.
- It is tough to define what metrics you should observe since it will depend on the objective defined in each channel.
- For example, if you’ve worked on ads for your product or service, the most important metric will be the conversion rate from leads to customers.
- And, of course, measurement offers the possibility of correction. Corrections are essential once you identify errors or actions that could be performing better.
- This step ensures that you use your resources in an optimized way, avoid spending your time and money on actions that would not deliver the results you expected.